Most Americans are growing in the dark!
Friends, a case could be made that most Americans are suffering from serious mental delusions, delusions which may be verging on insanity. How do I arrive at this conclusion, you ask? Please consider the following:
1. Americans, in the main, still believe that they live in a democracy when it is obvious that their Congress is controlled by Corporations, AIPAC, and the MSM. Many still think that Hanging Chad was a movie!
2. After the tribulations of George W Bush and Obama, they are again lining up to get involved in the farce that is the Presidential election whereby some hirsute stooge of the military/industrial/plutocratic Oligarchs will be elected and ensure that the rich get richer.
3. American Idol is getting 51 million votes and is the highest rating show in America. It shows that the priority of Americans is not world affairs or the loss of workers’ rights and conditions but trivia.
4. Americans, 60% of them, don’t believe in evolution but accept that the Garden of Eden and an apple was how the world began. How many of them still believe in the tooth-fairy is unknown.
5. Americans still believe that they have a two-party Government when it is obvious to the rest of the world that the Republicans and the Democrats are almost identical and serve the interests of the rich and infamous and the Rifle Association!
6. Most Americans can’t understand why the world dislikes them even though they think they are fighting wars all over the world to set people free. They can’t get their heads around the fact that their Government supports most of the dictators that oppress their people and their Government is engaged in glaring imperialism, a word which most Americans don’t comprehend the meaning of.
7. Most Christian Americans believe in supporting Israel even though it was the Jews that organized the death of Jesus who they believe is their Saviour and it is the Jews who claim they are the Children of God and everyone else is an inferior gentile.
8. Most Americans believe that Bill O’Rielly was sent by God to lead them to the Promised Land which has disappeared before their very eyes. And they see Glen Beck as a lower angel who is addicted to white boards.
9. Most folks in America think that climate change is something that happens in Africa and they drive their cars as if fossil fuel was good for the environment and their health. They think that the advent of more tornadoes and snow storms within their borders is because God is displeased with the godless Chinese but His grasp of geography is poor.
10. The bulk of Americans believe that they are exceptional, that their country is exceptional, and that they are born to rule the world. This point probably is the most alarming of all because it shows a high degree of delusionment given the mess that Iraq became after the American invasion (and the same thing is happening in Afghanistan). If that is the best that American leadership of the world can produce, then we are all in for a rough time.
11. Americans have accepted the move by corporations offshore as a great way for corporations to increase profits and the value of their shares. They can’t get their minds around the fact that each job that moves overseas is one less for Americans who are already enjoying massive unemployment.
12. Americans know that more and more of the wealth is ending up in the hands of fewer and fewer people. They think that they aren’t working hard enough, not that the system is gaming them and turning them into paupers.
13. Many Americans think that sending their children off to war is a patriotic thing to do even though the wars have nothing to do with the defense of America and many kids don’t come back and those that do are often physically or emotionally damaged forever. It is unknown why Americans can’t see that their Government is using their kids to advantage the rich and to grow the dictatorship in the Pentagon and the White House.
14. Most Americans don’t have a passport which means they don’t travel. Most live in a cocoon where, like mushrooms, they are fed manure and grow in the dark! They must be the most uninformed people on the planet, the most unquestioning, the most delusional.
Friends, the result of all this is a disaster for the world given that America has the world’s biggest army, the most nukes, an imperial, insane Government, and most of the population are sheep who are either delusional or insane.
The question is: what is the rest of the world going to do about it?
P.S. Note that I have been careful not to include all Americans. 10% of them are right on the money! It’s the other 90% that are the problem.
Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.